Subject: ***** IMPORTANT: This newsgroup is DEAD! *****
From: Tony Lezard <[email-masked]>
Newsgroups: alt.games.doom.announce

The newsgroup alt.games.doom.announce was superseded on 15 Nov
	1994 by rec.games.computer.doom.announce, which serves exactly
	the same function but has a wider audience.

	Since 6 January 1995 articles sent here will be assumed to have
	been intended for rec.games.computer.doom.announce and will be
	posted there (subject to the usual posting criteria of course).

	If you wish to continue to find out about the latest
	developments in the Doom playing world, unsubscribe from this
	group NOW and subscribe to rec.games.computer.doom.announce.

	If you're posting via mail, the submission address is still the
	same: [email-masked].

	If you can't subscribe to the rec group at your site your news
	admin should be informed of your problem. If you get any rec
	groups at all there's no reason not to get
	rec.games.computer.doom.*.

	The other groups in the alt.games.doom.* hierarchy are obsolete
	too.  Check out the other rec.games.computer.doom.* newsgroups
	to find out where the action's gone.

-- 
Tony Lezard <[email-masked]>
Moderator, alt.games.doom.announce and rec.games.computer.doom.announce.