Subject: This group has been replaced. The Doom Help Service (DHS) has moved...
From: [email-masked] (Ian CR Mapleson)
Newsgroups: alt.games.doom.newplayers

PLEASE NOTE: alt.games.doom.newplayers (which I created on 12th April 1994),
is now redundant. It has been replaced by rec.games.computer.doom.help, so
please post all help-related questions there. My Doom Help Service (DHS),
which was the foundation of agdn, has also moved to the new rec group.
If your site does not yet carry the new rec groups for Doom, then please
ask your newsadmin to do make the necessary changes.

The following new rec.games.computer.doom newsgroups for discussing all
versions and ports of DOOM and its addons were created on November 14th 1995:

  rec.games.computer.doom.announce  Info/FAQs/reviews about DOOM (Moderated)
  rec.games.computer.doom.help      DOOM Help Service (new players welcome)
  rec.games.computer.doom.misc      Talking about DOOM and id Software
  rec.games.computer.doom.editing   Editing and hacking DOOM-related files
  rec.games.computer.doom.playing   Playing DOOM and user-created levels

They are intended to be a Big 7 replacement and expansion of these groups:

  alt.games.doom               (use r.g.c.d.misc/editing/playing)
  alt.games.doom.ii            (use r.g.c.d.misc/editing/playing)
  alt.games.doom.announce      (use r.g.c.d.announce)
  alt.games.doom.newplayers    (use r.g.c.d.help)

If you require more information, then please email me.

Ian.

The Doom Help Service (DHS):  http://doomgate.gamers.org/dhs/

SGI Network Admin, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, England, PR1 2HE.
[email-masked] | Tel: (+44 -0) 1772 893297, Fax: (+44 -0) 1772 892913
"There is no magic, only stuff." - Nakor, "The King's Buccaneer" (R.E. Feist)