Subject: DOOM II Keys FAQ. . . . . . . . . (95/07/28)
From: [email-masked] (Richard Ward)
Newsgroups: rec.games.computer.doom.announce,rec.games.computer.doom.help,rec.answers,news.answers

Archive-name: games/doom/keys2-faq
Rec-games-computer-doom-announce-archive-name: keys2-faq
Posting-Frequency: monthly

                       The Official DOOM ][ Key FAQ!
       (Remember, if it doesn't say "The Official DOOM ][ Key Faq",
                     it is probably something else!).
                         Version 1.0.0.0.0.1

              (We don't need no stinking ASCII art logos!)

Legal crap: This Document is Copyright 1995 by Richard R. Ward
     <[email-masked]>, and Mike Newton <[email-masked]>.
     Red Key instructions by Mike Newton.  Blue and Yellow Key
     instructions, and other such nonsense by Richard Ward.

     I have tried to make sure that the information in this document is
     accurate (well, the factual stuff).  I take no responsibility for
     misuse or inability to properly use the information in this document.
     So there.

     DOOM and DOOM ][ are registered trademarks and/or servicemarks of, and
     are copyrighted by ID software.

Index
1: A note from the author(s).
2: What is in this FAQ?
     2.1   What is a key?
     2.2   Why do I need a key?
     2.3.1 What is blue?
     2.3.2 What is red?
     2.3.3 What is yellow?
     2.4.1 Why do I need a Blue Key?
     2.4.2 Why do I need a Red Key?
     2.4.3 Why do I need a Yellow Key?
     2.5 What the hell am I talking about?
     2.6 Definition of terms.
3: How to get the Keys on different levels of DOOM ][.

Stuff
1: A note from the author(s).
     This FAQ (and I use the term loosely) is the combination of Richard
     Ward's <[email-masked]> "The Official DOOM ][ Blue Key FAQ!" and
     Mike Newton's <[email-masked]> "THE OFFICIALLY-UNOFFICIAL DOOM II: RED
     KEY FAQ" as well as new text for the Yellow Key (no one felt up to the
     challenge of doing a Yellow Key FAQ, I guess).

     I have no one to blame^H^H^H^H^H thank for this FAQ other than
     maybe Mike Newton ([email-masked]) for letting me steal his
     idea and his Red Key FAQ.

     Mike's Red Key FAQ was written after reading one-too-many posts asking
     "How do I get the Red Key on level 02 of DOOM ][?".  I guess it was
     better than yelling at them.  :)

     Version 1.0.0.0.0.1 of this FAQ corrects a few minor typographical
     errors, and clears up a few amiguities in the first version of this
     FAQ (better download a copy, I might have made some big changes!).

2: What is in this FAQ?
     This FAQ is for people having trouble finding the Keys on different
     levels of ID software's game; DOOM ][.  This document does _not_ cover
     how to get the Keys in any other version of DOOM nor any of the freely
     available DOOM pWADs.  Nor does it warn you about what kinds of
     monsters will be trying to deny you possession of the glory of the
     Blue Key, the utility of the Red Key, or the necessary evil of the
     Yellow Key, nor of the traps that await you.

     For each level, the keys are listed in the order that you need to get
     them.  Some levels do not have any keys, and on some levels it does
     not matter which order you pick up the keys.

     2.1: What is a key?
          Lobster's New Universally Unreadable Dictionary defines
          "key" as:
               "Key, n, plural keys, ['kee'],
               1. a thingamabob, usually of metal, for moving the
               whatchamacallit of a lock and thus locking or unlocking
               something, if it works."
          In DOOM there are three different keys, (not at all bad) Red,
          (pathetic and stained) Yellow, and (glorious) Blue.  They come in
          two varieties; key cards (which look like computer add-on cards)
          and skull keys (which look like skulls).  Key cards and skull
          keys are functionally identical, they just differ in how they
          look (a blue card key will open the same door as a blue skull
          key)."

     2.2: Why do I need a key?
          Because some of the doors in DOOM ][ are locked.

     2.3.1: What is blue?
            Lobster's New Universally Unreadable Dictionary defines
            "blue" as:
                 "Blue, n, [blew],
                 1. A glorious color somewhere between green and purple.
                 The best darned color in the whole world."

     2.3.2: What is red?
            Lobster's New Universally Unreadable Dictionary defines
            "red" as:
                  "Red, n, [red],
                  1. A pretty nice color between orange and purple.
                  Goes well with white or black.  Too bad the commies
                  had to use it for so long."

     2.3.3: What is yellow?
            Lobster's New Universally Unreadable Dictionary defines
            "yellow" as:
                 "Yellow, n, [yell - o]
                 1. A dingy and soiled color somewhere between green
                 and orange.  Of all the colors, this one truly sucks."

     2.4.1: Why do I need a Blue Key?
            Are you nuts?!  The Blue Key is the most beautiful thing
            in the world!  Besides, it opens locked doors that need
            the Blue Key to open them.

     2.4.2: Why do I need a Red Key?
            To open doors locked with red keys.

     2.4.3: Why do I need a Yellow Key?
            I guess you could use them to open doors locked with yellow
            keys.  I usually throw mine in the compost heap before the
            color rubs off on me.

     2.5: What the hell am I talking about?
          I haven't the faintest idea.

     2.6: Definition of terms:
          "Jump", there is no jumping in DOOM ][.  When I use the
               word "jump" I mean that you should run off the edge
               of a raised platform (Shift+UpArrow).

3: How to get Keys on different levels of DOOM ][.
          (Information you might actually _use_ (imagine that)!)

LEVEL 01 :  "Entryway"

            Level 01 is completely devoid of any keys at all. :(

LEVEL 02 :  "Underhalls"

RED KEY:    As you travel around the river you'll come to a room where you
            can see the red key in a window of a building surrounded by
            AstroTurf(TM).  Stay on the ledge above the turf and follow it
            around to the left.  You'll see a window.  Jump from (or rather,
            run off of (Shift+UpArrow)) the ledge through the window (over the
            turf (... to grandmother's house we go...)).  Proceed up the
            stairs to the RED KEY.

BLUE KEY:   From the RED KEY, go back to start, flip the switch behind the
            red bars.  Take the west river to a room with two holes in the
            floor.  Go down the southern hole.  The BLUE KEY will be to the
            east.

YELLOW KEY: Map 02 is not soiled with the YELLOW KEY.

LEVEL 03 :  "The Gauntlet"

BLUE KEY:   From start, go to the west until you find the BLUE KEY.

RED KEY:    The RED KEY is in the grassy area with the demons, spectres,
            and imps. (near the exit).

YELLOW KEY: Map 02 is not tainted with the YELLOW KEY.

LEVEL 04 :  "The Focus"

BLUE KEY:   From start, go south and up the stairs until you get to a room
            with grey bars in the windows.  Hit the switch (this will lower
            the BLUE KEY).  Go down the stairs and go through the door to
            the east.  Go south and west to the BLUE KEY.

RED KEY:    Go through the blue door.  You can see the RED KEY just ahead
            of you up on a ledge.  Continue through this room to the next
            door.  Just inside this door, on your left, is a small crate in
            the corner.  Back yourself onto this crate and a larger crate
            will fall in the middle of the room.  Get on this lifting crate
            and you can now easily get the RED KEY.

YELLOW KEY: From the RED KEY turn left, use the teleporter.  Go down the
            stairs and through the red door to the west.  Go through the
            second red door.  You couldn't miss that sorry excuse for a
            YELLOW KEY if you tried.

LEVEL 05 :  "The Waste Tunnels"

RED KEY:    From the start, go left and through the door (which really
            isn't a door, just looks like one).  Follow the lights to the
            right through the door.  Go to the final door on the left, open
            it and flip the switch.  Turn around and go through the door
            directly in front of you.  Go left and follow the river until
            it dead-ends.  Turn left and head up the stairs.  On your right
            at the top of the stairs there is a door.  Go through the door
            and turn right.  Follow this around to the water and there's
            the RED KEY.

BLUE KEY:   From the RED KEY go south then west to the red door.  Behind the
            red door is the BLUE KEY.

YELLOW KEY: From the BLUE KEY go west to the blue door.  The YELLOW KEY is
            on the other side of the pillar.

LEVEL 06 : "The Crusher" (not Wesley, I hope)

BLUE KEY:   From start, go west to the huge lift.  Wait for lift to rise.
            Jump through the hole in the south wall of lift to the ledge
            with a switch.  Flip the switch and run like hell to the lift
            that just lowered.  The BLUE KEY awaits the brave.

RED KEY:    Go through the blue door and up the lift.  Follow around to the
            left and down the stairs, straight past the red door and
            through the next door.  Go down the lift, through yet another
            door.  Follow the stairs all the way up and run across to where
            the RED KEY is.

YELLOW KEY: From the RED KEY go back up the lift and east to the red door.
            Follow the grassy path to the south and through the next door.
            The putrid YELLOW KEY is in the southeast corner of the room
            with the green slime in the trench.

LEVEL 07 : "Dead Simple" (not "easy", but "simple")

            Level 07 has no keys at all.  Don't stare, it's not polite.

LEVEL 08 : "Tricks and Traps"

YELLOW KEY: From start, turn around and go through the south door.  _If_
            you survive, you will be burdened with the YELLOW KEY.

RED KEY:    Go through the yellow door (in the starting room) and follow
            the path (staying to the left).  You can't miss the RED KEY!

BLUE KEY:   Sadly, this level has no BLUE KEY.

LEVEL 09 :  "The Pit"

BLUE KEY:   From start, take the north lift.  Go as far north as you can.
            You will run into a lift, hit the switch to the east of the
            lift.  Lower the lift and jump over to the newly raised
            section.  Go around the corner to the south-east (don't fall
            off) and out into the courtyard.  Go back to the newly opened
            room (just around the corner) and flip the switch.  Go north
            and flip the newly exposed.  A door will open to the west.
            Jump across to the raised ledge.  This will lower the platform
            with the BLUE KEY.  Run like hell to the BLUE KEY.

YELLOW KEY: From the BLUE KEY, jump off the platform and go north to the
            blue door behind the switch.  Open door and hit switch.  Run
            back (south) to the newly opened hidden door.  Flip the switch
            on the north face of the pillar and go through the (now open)
            door.  Jump into the green muck and run to the left (south),
            hit the switch in the alcove and run to the YELLOW KEY.

RED KEY:    There is no RED KEY on this level.

LEVEL 10 :  "Refueling Base"

     It does not really matter which key you get first.

BLUE KEY:   From start, bear east until you get to a long brown courtyard.
            Take the south door.  Go east to a large dark room.  Go to
            smaller to the north.  On the south wall of this area is a
            small room with stairs.  Go up the stairs.  The BLUE KEY will
            be behind a hidden door in the southeast corner.

YELLOW KEY: From BLUE KEY, go back to the brown courtyard and go to the
            door at the north end.  After the door, take the first right
            and go to the end of the aisle and the YELLOW KEY will be in
            the alcove around the corner to the right.

RED KEY:    Level 10 is devoid of the usefulness of the RED KEY.

LEVEL 11 :  "'O' of Destruction"

BLUE KEY:   From start, go east 1/4 the way around the circle.  Take the
            "bridge" to the east and continue east as far as you can go
            (you will climb two flights of stairs).  There will be a small
            wooden "house".  The BLUE KEY is inside.

RED KEY:    Well, you know *where* the RED KEY is (if you don't, just
            delete DOOM II and go back to PONG:)  There are two ways to get
            it:

     1.     Go get the blue key (you don't need it, but you need to go get
            it).  After leaving the blue key area (back to the original
            path), turn right and then look right.  Down in the acid
            there's a door-like-thing in the wall.  Go in it and into the
            teleporter.  From the ledge where you exit, run fast to the RED
            KEY!

     2.     <you actually need the blue key for this one>  Go through the
            blue door and flip the switch.  Continue on and follow the
            newly raised path to another switch and flip it.  Jump down and
            go up the stairs and now there's a path raised to the RED KEY!

YELLOW KEY: Level 11 is joyfully free of the YELLOW KEY.

LEVEL 12 :  "The Factory"

BLUE KEY:   From start, go around the building to the northwest corner.  Go
            up the stairs and bear north (and kinda west).  Go through the
            _first_ door you find.  Go to the wooden box with the Soul
            Sphere on top and turn east.  Go to the end and turn north (two
            lefts) and the BLUE KEY awaits the valiant.

YELLOW KEY: From the BLUE KEY turn around and go east to a column with red
            banners on either side of a door.  Behind this door hides the
            YELLOW KEY like the frightened rabbit it is.

RED KEY:    While there is no RED KEY on this level, there is a red door.
            A sneaky trap if ever I saw one.  (Something I'd expect the
            YELLOW KEY to try and get away with.)

LEVEL 13 :  "Downtown"

BLUE KEY:   From start, go around the grey wall and follow the dark arrow
            into the alley and up the stairs.  Go through the door and go
            down a hole in the northwest corner of the room.  Use lift at
            the north end.  There will be another hole to the north as you
            exit the lift, go for it.  Open the door at the end and the
            BLUE KEY will be in front of a teleport in the northwest
            corner.

RED KEY:    From the BLUE KEY go through the door at the top of the stairs
            and head south to the large arrow on the ground.  Follow the
            path to the BLUE KEY, stopping at the top of the lift.  Take
            the teleporter rather than the drop and follow the ledge around
            to the blue door, to the teleporter up to the RED KEY.

YELLOW KEY: From the RED KEY, jump off the building and go to the southeast
            corner of the map to the red door.  Ride the lift to the top
            and there you will spy the pathetic visage of the YELLOW KEY.

LEVEL 14 :  "The Inmost Dens"

RED KEY:    From the start, go right and then right again down the stairs.
            Follow to second door on right and walk through it and the door
            behind it.  Go to the right and follow to stairs on left, up
            the stairs and through the door.  Directly ahead of you is a
            diamond-shaped window.  Jump through the window to the path
            dead ahead.  Turn left after the second water channel and follow
            this to the RED KEY.

BLUE KEY:   From the RED KEY, go back to the double gated "bridge" (with
            the self opening doors) and go south and west to a the shack
            next to the bridge blocked by red skull pillars.  Open the
            shack door and hit the switch.   Go over the bridge south until
            you come to a door.  On the other side the fearless will be
            rewarded with the BLUE KEY.

YELLOW KEY: Level 14's purity has not been soiled by the YELLOW KEY.

LEVEL 15 :  "Industrial Zone"

RED KEY:    From the start, take the lift to ground level.  Turn right and
            follow the outside wall around until you see the building (on
            your left) surround by a small "red-acid" channel.  Follow
            stairs to the top of the building.  Once at the top, look right
            (at the white teleporter).  Back up and jump to the teleporter.
            From the ledge you exit on run straight to the ledge on the
            building in from of you and flip the switch.  Fall into the
            room in this building and go in the teleporter.  Upon exit,
            move forward a bit and then back into the teleporter again.
            Get the RED KEY.

YELLOW KEY: (You can get the YELLOW KEY without the RED KEY (you can solve
            the level without the RED KEY), but I'm not telling you how!)
            From the RED KEY take the lift down to ground level and go to
            the grey building with brown buttresses to the east (you can
            see an Invisibility Sphere in it).  Take the lift up to the red
            door, go through and follow the hall to the teleporter at the
            end.  Use it.  From the "warp in" turn around and go to the
            lift behind you (south).  Go east and south and go through a
            doorway facing west.  Go inside.  Hidden behind the BFG-9000 is
            the almost useless YELLOW KEY.

BLUE KEY:   Flip the switch to raise the stairs and go up and out to the
            south.  Jump off the southwest corner towards the green castle
            (don't fall in the moat!).  Go into the castle.  Get the Rad
            Suit in the northwest corner and then go down the southern most
            tunnel and flip the switch.  Go back to the entrance room and
            up to the top of the newly formed stairs.  Lower the lift at
            the top and go around the corner to the east and hit the
            switch.  Go back down the stairs.  There will be an arrow on
            the floor pointing to a small hidden door in the wall.  Open
            the door and the hardy adventurer will be blessed with the BLUE
            KEY.

LEVEL 16 :  "Suburbs"

BLUE KEY:   From start, leave the building you start in.  Go to a small
            lake in the southeast corner of the map.  In the slime is a
            small wooden island.  The BLUE KEY awaits atop this island (it
            is obscured by four boxes of rockets, but nothing can hide the
            glory that is the BLUE KEY).

RED KEY:    Go to the grey building in the northern area of the map (the
            one with the funky blue and red firewall inside).  Behind the
            blue door is the RED KEY.  You can't miss it.

YELLOW KEY: Like all good things, this level is without the YELLOW KEY.

LEVEL 17 :  "Tenements"

RED KEY:    From the start, take the first available left.  Follow down the
            jagged path to the RED KEY.  (Mike get's all the easy ones.)

BLUE KEY:   You need the RED KEY, from the RED KEY wait for door to open,
            go to the intersection north of start (with the door that won't
            open).  Behind the RED Door is a switch, hit it.  Go across to
            the other room (who's door is now open) and ride the lift down.
            Go to the far end of this lower area and hit the red/green
            switch.  There is a door that will lead you back to the start
            area.  Go out of the now open door and across to the east
            doorway on the acid pit.  Go to the northeast corner of the
            north acid pit and hit the wall (spacebar, there's a hidden
            switch on this wall).  Go through the door that opened just to
            the south of you and hit the switch on the eastern end, raising
            a bridge across the south acid pit.  Go across this bridge and
            fall into the narrow chasm at the far side.  Flip the switch.
            This will raise you out of the acid and raise a bridge across
            the north acid pit.  If your soul is pure, you may now get the
            BLUE KEY.

YELLOW KEY: From the BLUE KEY go back to the courtyard and go through the
            blue door to the west.  Go to the south and go up the stairs.
            Turn around and run to the (now) exposed Soul Sphere.  Go back
            up the stairs and hit the (now) exposed switch.  Go down the
            stairs and go up the stairs in the northern part of the room.
            Follow the path to the green pillar with the beating heart.
            Turn left (east) and hump in the acid.  There the YELLOW KEY
            awaits like some third-place ribbon at the Science Fair.

LEVEL 18 :  "The Courtyard"

YELLOW KEY: (*SPOILER*)  _Shoot_ the door to open it and take the first
            left into the courtyard.  (*END SPOILER*)  Go to the northwest
            corner and the YELLOW KEY waits like a discarded cigarette
            butt.

BLUE KEY:   From the YELLOW KEY go to the east side of the "pillbox" on the
            raised ledge to the east of the YELLOW KEY.  Open the yellow
            door and use the teleport within.  The BLUE KEY is hidden behind
            one of the green pillars.

RED KEY:    Level 18 does not contain a RED KEY (I kinda forgot to mention
            this in the first version of this FAQ (aren't you glad you
            downloaded a new copy?)).

LEVEL 19 :  "The Citadel"

     You can get the keys in any order, so I'll list them alphabetically.

BLUE KEY:   From start, get into the castle (you'll figure it out), go west
            to a room with several doors and a switch.  Hit the switch and
            go through the west door.  Hit the north switch and a teleport
            will open in the wall.  Use it.  Turn around and take the south
            passage.  Open the hidden door just past the ammo box in the
            window and lower the lift within (far wall).  After the lift
            raises, _run_ (fast as you can) out of the window and over the
            moat to the red building.  Go in the north entrance and flip
            the switch in the "guard shack".  Go through the west opening
            and use the _NorthEast_ teleport.  Go straight ahead and you
            will receive the blessings of the BLUE KEY.

RED KEY:    From the start, follow the path to room with stairs on both
            sides and 3 doors.  Go through the door on the right, flip the
            switch to raise the stairs, and go through the secret door at
            the top of these stairs.  Run fast up the stairs inside this
            door veering right toward the teleporter on the ledge in the
            corner.  Upon exit, move forward then back into the teleporter
            again.  In this room, shoot the west wall to raise the floor.
            Hit the switch on the raised floor, get on lift, and jump to
            the raised floor.  Go through the door and follow path to the
            RED KEY.

YELLOW KEY: From the start, go to the same place that opened the first
            teleporter to the BLUE KEY.  Wait for the door to close.  Hit
            the switch on the south side and go back through the newly
            opened hidden door.  Follow the stairs (turning _LEFT_ (never
            right, _ALWAYS LEFT_)) to the YELLOW KEY.

LEVEL 20 :  "Gotcha!"

     This level has no keys, poor bastard.

LEVEL 21 :  "Nirvana"

YELLOW KEY: From start, take the north teleporter and follow the rings to
            another teleporter, use it.  Hit all four switches under the
            rocket launcher.  Lower the (newly raised) lift and take the
            southern teleporter (it's the one singing Garth Brooks songs :)
            ).  The wall that surrounds you works like a door.  The next
            one lowers by itself.  The YELLOW KEY is in there somewhere.

RED KEY:    (You could get the BLUE KEY before the RED KEY, but it'd be
            more work.)
            Go through the yellow "gate", turn right and follow past the
            blue "gate".  Turn right again and jump to the ledge with the
            switch.  Flip the switch and run to the lowered lift in the
            acid.  Get the RED KEY.

BLUE KEY:   You need the YELLOW KEY, from the YELLOW KEY take the teleport
            to the big room.  Open the yellow gate and run into the acid
            lake to the tall pillar near the ledge on the northwest edge of
            the map.  Jump over to the ledge.  The BLUE KEY awaits to add
            meaning to your life.  (Oddly, you can exit without the BLUE
            KEY, but I'm not telling you how (like it's really all that
            hard...).)

LEVEL 22 :  "The Catacombs"

BLUE KEY:   From start, take the northwest lift.  Use the lift in the
            northwest corner of the acid pit.  Take the stairs to the south
            and follow the passage to the end.  You will come to a metal
            room with a door (located in the north ledge of the acid pit).
            Behind the door is a teleport that will take you to the BLUE
            KEY.

RED KEY:    Go through the blue door down the northeast lift in the central
            area, flip the switch to open the gate.  Go through the
            "gate-thing" toward the "eye-thing".  Turn left at the
            "eye-thing" and hit the skull switch to open the door.  Go
            through the door and hit the skull switch on the left to lower
            the lift to the RED KEY.

YELLOW KEY: Another level undefiled by the YELLOW KEY.

LEVEL 23 :  "Barrels-O-Fun"

YELLOW KEY: (Only one key and they had to use yellow.).  From start, go
            south and use the teleporter behind the door.  Go north and use
            the next teleporter.  Go south and hit the switch, and then go
            back to the north end of the ledge.  Use the newly raised
            platform (hint, if the wall has not lifted, shoot it) and go to
            the stepped section to the east.  Go south again and jump onto
            the teleporter to the east (in the lava).  Turn around and
            follow the "cave" around once.  The lamentable YELLOW KEY
            awaits behind a newly opened door.

RED KEY:    No RED KEY.  Why?

BLUE KEY:   This level wallows in the sadness that comes with not having
            the BLUE KEY.

LEVEL 24 :  "The Chasm"

BLUE KEY:   From start, go across the "bridge" to the building with the
            acid waterfalls on the sides.  Behind the door the BLUE KEY
            awaits those brave souls wise enough to decipher the maze.

RED KEY:    Go through the blue door and walk on the thin "wall-thing"
            straight ahead.  Stay right until you see the hangin' dead guy.
            Walk toward him and the teleporter he hangs from.  Head toward
            the white teleporter in this room.  To get the RED KEY hit the
            skull switch on the right of where you entered.  Then the left
            (directly behind you now), and lastly straight ahead (now to
            your left).  Welcome to the RED KEY!

YELLOW KEY: Like any respectable place, it does not have a YELLOW KEY.

LEVEL 25 :  "Bloodfalls"

BLUE KEY:   From start, take the east stream past the blood waterfall to
            the open area with the pillar of blood.  Lower the lift on the
            east side of the area and go into the caves beyond.  Bear left
            and find the teleport that will take you to the glorious BLUE
            KEY.

RED KEY:    With a BLUE KEY, who needs a RED KEY?

YELLOW KEY: Not on this map (haha!).

LEVEL 26 : "The Abandoned Mines"

RED KEY:    Straight from the start, hit the switch.  Walk forward to the
            end and turn left.  Walk to the end again and hit the switch.
            Turn around and run to the end and left into the now open door.
            Follow this around the home of the RED KEY.

BLUE KEY:   From the RED KEY go back to the intersection with the bright
            lights and head west.  Behind the prison of the red door the
            BLUE KEY awaits liberation.

YELLOW KEY: From the BLUE KEY go back to the intersection with the bright
            lights and go east.  Follow the serpentine path to the blue
            door.  Beyond cowers the wretched YELLOW KEY.

LEVEL 27 :  "Monster Condo"

YELLOW KEY: From start go to the wooden door to the east.  Go to the
            farthest south switch and use it.  The YELLOW KEY pitifully
            waits for you like a misbehaved dog.

BLUE KEY:   You need the YELLOW KEY, from the YELLOW KEY exit the "library"
            and go through the door on the north side of the acid pit.
            Flip the metal switch on the west wall.  Go through the door and
            through the YELLOW Door.  The BLUE KEY will be waiting for you.

RED KEY:    After you get the BLUE KEY, shoot the demon face on the
            northern wall to open the secret door and shoot the switch
            behind it to open the door out.  Go out through the south door
            and hit the switch to raise the stairs.  Go out the door at the
            top of the stairs and head east to the blue door.  Open the blue
            door and hit the switch.  Behind you will be the RED KEY.

LEVEL 28 :  "The Spirit World"

YELLOW KEY: From the start take the east hallway to the ledge.  Go through
            the central "lobe" and to the bloodfalls just to the east
            (left) of the two grey and yellow pillars.  Go down the falls
            and head south to a huge red room.  Run through the blood to a
            doorway on the wall behind the central pillar (an
            Invulnerability Sphere would be a good idea) and go up the
            stairs to a room with a raised dias, six pillars and a thrown.
            Sit on the thrown to lower the dias.  Get on the dias and hit
            the two (almost) hidden switches on the walls after the dias
            raises.  A door will open in the northwest corner.  The YELLOW
            KEY will be sitting there like roadkill.

RED KEY:    From the YELLOW KEY go back to start and open the yellow door.
            There will be the RED KEY.

BLUE KEY:   The spirit of this level is forever damned for it's failure to
            display the awesome beauty of the BLUE KEY.

LEVEL 29 :  "The Living End"

     There are no keys on this level.

LEVEL 30 :  "Icon of Sin"

     This level is so evil it does not need any keys.

LEVEL 31 & 32: (The secret levels (not in the "German Version"))

     These levels have no keys.

The end. (you can stop reading now...)

Richard and Mike.