Subject: () READ THIS BEFORE POSTING to Rec.Games.Computer.Doom newsgroups
From: [email-masked] (RGCD Support Team)
Newsgroups: rec.games.computer.doom.help,rec.games.computer.doom.misc,rec.games.computer.doom.playing,rec.games.computer.doom.editing

These newsgroups dedicated to discussing any and all versions and ports of
  id Software's 3D action game DOOM and its addons were created Nov 14, 1994:

    rec.games.computer.doom.announce  Info/FAQs/reviews about DOOM (Moderated)
    rec.games.computer.doom.help      DOOM Help Service (new players welcome)
    rec.games.computer.doom.misc      Talking about DOOM and id Software
    rec.games.computer.doom.editing   Editing and hacking DOOM-related files
    rec.games.computer.doom.playing   Playing DOOM and user-created levels

  Before posting to these newsgroups, be sure to read the articles with
  "POSTING GUIDELINES" in the Subject (cross-posted to all the groups).

  HERETIC, HEXEN and STRIFE use DOOM-based technology licensed by id and are
  considered to be "versions" of DOOM - they're "on-topic" for discussion in
  these newsgroups.

  QUAKE has its own newsgroups hierarchy created in January and May 1996:

    rec.games.computer.quake.announce Info/FAQ/announcements about Quake (Moderated)
    rec.games.computer.quake.editing  Editing and hacking Quake-related files
    rec.games.computer.quake.playing  Playing Quake and user-created levels
    rec.games.computer.quake.servers  Setup and maintenance of servers.
    rec.games.computer.quake.quake-c  Modifying Quake with Quake-C
    rec.games.computer.quake.misc     General discussion about Quake

  Games that are DOOM-like, but not written by or licensed by id Software
  (such as Descent, RotT, Marathon) are generally NOT on-topic - see the
  posting guidelines for details.  Read the Other 3D Action Games FAQ
  (see below) for more info or try one of these newsgroups:

    comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
    comp.sys.mac.games.action
    alt.games.upcoming-3d

  Rec.games.computer.doom.announce has some Periodic Informational Postings
  that should always exist in that newsgroup due to the use of the Expires:
  header line.  It is a low-traffic group - articles should be easy to find.
  These periodic postings (monthly unless noted) all have Subjects that
  either start with "()" (unchanging newsgroup info for new readers) or end
  with "(YYYY/MM/DD)" (the last modification date of DOOM info articles).

    () POSTING GUIDELINES: Rec.Games.Computer.Doom.Announce
    () POSTING GUIDELINES: R.G.C.Doom.{Help,Misc,Playing,Editing}
    () POSTING GUIDELINES: No Binaries! Use Alt.Binaries.Doom
    DOOM Cheat Codes. . . . . . . . . (YYYY/MM/DD)
    DOOM I Keys FAQ . . . . . . . . . (YYYY/MM/DD)
    DOOM I Secrets. . . . . . . . . . (YYYY/MM/DD)
    DOOM II Keys FAQ. . . . . . . . . (YYYY/MM/DD)
    DOOM II Secrets . . . . . . . . . (YYYY/MM/DD)
    DOOM "Thy Flesh Consumed" Secrets (YYYY/MM/DD)
    DOOM BFG9000 FAQ. . . . . . . . . (YYYY/MM/DD)
    DOOM Level Design FAQ . . . . . . (YYYY/MM/DD)
    DOOM Editing Guide. . . . . . . . (YYYY/MM/DD)
    DOOM on a Local Network via IPX . (YYYY/MM/DD)
    DOOM on the Internet via TCP/IP . (YYYY/MM/DD)
    DOOM-related Downloads via E-mail (YYYY/MM/DD)
    DOOM: Other 3D Action Games FAQ . (YYYY/MM/DD)
    DOOM: FTP and WWW Sites . . . . . (YYYY/MM/DD)      [weekly posting]
    DOOM: Rec.Games.Computer.Doom FAQ (YYYY/MM/DD)      [weekly posting]
    HERETIC Secrets . . . . . . . . . (YYYY/MM/DD)
    HERETIC "Serpent Riders" Secrets. (YYYY/MM/DD)

  Current versions of these articles can be found at:

     ftp://ftp.gamers.org/pub/archives/doom/periodic/   [article repository]
    http://www.gamers.org/pub/archives/doom/periodic/   [faster WWW access]
     ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/docs/rgcd-pips/    [mirror of repository]
    http://www.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/docs/rgcd-pips/    [faster WWW access]
     ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/rec.games.computer.doom.announce/

  Here are the most frequently-updated articles:
 
    http://www.gamers.org/pub/archives/doom/periodic/RGCD_FAQ.html
    http://www.gamers.org/pub/archives/doom/periodic/FTP_WWW_sites.html
    http://www.gamers.org/pub/archives/doom/periodic/Other3D.html

      John Van Essen  <[email-masked]>  Author of R.G.C.D RFD